Chape loses another and is 2º Brazilian to leave in the preliminary phase of the Libertadores

      Comments Off on Chape loses another and is 2º Brazilian to leave in the preliminary phase of the Libertadores

Chapecoense became the second Brazilian team to be knocked out of the Libertadores Cup before the group stage by losing to Uruguay’s 1-0 on Wednesday at the Gran Parque Central stadium in Montevideo in a second-round playoff preliminary.

The Verdão do Oeste, who last week had lost by the same score in the Condá Arena, repeats what happened with Corinthians in 2011. At the time, when there was only one stage of an early knockout, Timão was knocked over by Tolima, even having in the cast commanded by the technical Tite players like Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo.

Image result for Chape loses another and is 2º Brazilian to leave in the preliminary phase of the Libertadores

In the next phase, Nacional, who had a goal from Santiago Romero in the opening moments, will face Banfield, who on Tuesday eliminated Independiente del Valle dramatically. The Argentine representative had drawn 1 to 1 at home and sought the 2 to 2 with a goal in the second half additions in Quito.

Who to qualify will enter group 6 of the Libertadores, which already counts on two champions of the tournament, Santos, and Estudiantes, besides Real Garcilaso, of Peru.

Chape left 4-4-2 in the first leg and returned to playing 4-3-3, just like last year. That way, Arthur took over ownership instead of Nadson. In addition, there was an exchange of flyers, with Moisés Ribeiro in the vacancy of Lucas Mineiro.

At Nacional, coach Alexander Medina made only one change: suspended for being sent off in Santa Catarina, Espino was replaced by Gonzalez.

Image result for Chape loses another and is 2º Brazilian to leave in the preliminary phase of the Libertadores

The local public spread a banner, in Spanish, that said: “Sorry, Chape, two do not represent us”. It was a way of apologizing for the behavior of some fans at the Condá Arena, who made mock gestures of the aerial tragedy that killed almost all of the Santa Catarina club, as well as directors, press professionals and guests in November 2016 in Colombia.

The visiting team was very close to opening the scoring as soon as three minutes of the ball rolling. Guilherme got up, Arthur headed back and goalkeeper Conde made a great save. In the rebound, Fabrício had his kick blocked.

Two minutes later, however, who made 1 to 0 was the three-time continental champion. De Pena crossed from the left, Fernández prepared and Romero, who had already rocked the net in Santa Catarina, amended first. The ball deflected in Douglas Silva and entered the left corner.

From then on, the Tricolor started to play the game that suited him, slowing down with a touch of the ball and some fouls. At 18, Zunino led from left to middle and knocked over the target.

Bumping into a strong marking, the Chape could not infiltrate and appealed for the launches, almost always fruitless. The Nacional, in turn, was only good, as at 32, when Márcio Araujo backtracked, Fernández tried to cover and missed by inches.

Related image

Shortly after, at 38, the host team had everything to expand. Jandrei made a bad save after the corner kick, and Viudez rallied off the goal. Apodi appeared as a hero and moved away on the line.

The visiting team finally bothered again in the 41st minute, on Guilherme’s cross from the left. Douglas Silva headed down and Conde saved the hosts.

The South American Cup champion came up against his own mistakes and did not react. At six minutes of the second half, Apodi tried from far away and isolated. Two minutes later, missing Guilherme, Bruno Pacheco made the shower and placed where there were only players of the Uruguayan representative.

The level of the game has been falling. Nacional did not make a dent in the scoring, but it did not bother Jandrei either. At 17, Oliva stole from Arthur, accelerated and tried from outside the area, but missed the goal by far.

The young Bruno Silva, just 17 years old, took the place of Moisés Ribeiro in an attempt by Gilson Kleina to set fire to the game. At 24, the attacking midfielder cleared and touched Arthur, who turned and kicked over the crossbar.

The Nacional could have killed the match in the 29th minute, but also sinned in the conclusion. Barcia, who had entered a little earlier, prepared for Corujo, who knocked him out.

The move, however, was not lacking. Chapecoense was uncreative and only reached the opposing area at the base of the abaft. The last great attack happened at 43, in another pass from Bruno Silva to Arthur, who finished anyway and covered the goal.